Mining Maintainers Mentorship program - Mentee Selection tasks

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 20:33:43 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 9:22 PM Abhinav Dubey
<abhinavbhardwaj510 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in the Mining Maintainers mentorship program and I would like to work on the tasks for the mentee selection.

Thanks for your interest.

For the mentee selection, please work on the following exercise:

First, download the kernel git repository and compile the kernel with
the x86-defconfig build configuration.

There is a file called MAINTAINERS in the root directory of the git
repository. Read the introduction at the beginning of the MAINTAINERS
file and understand the content in the file and its organisation.

Explain in your words: What is stored in the MAINTAINERS file?

Now, search for specific MAINTAINER entries; Please answer: Who are
the maintainers and reviewers of the following sections?

ACPI FAN DRIVER
AF9013 MEDIA DRIVER
BROADCOM BNXT_EN 50 GIGABIT ETHERNET DRIVER
DRM DRIVER FOR VIRTUALBOX VIRTUAL GPU
INTEL KEEM BAY DRM DRIVER
LICENSES and SPDX stuff
M68K ON APPLE MACINTOSH
MEMBARRIER SUPPORT
MICROBLAZE ARCHITECTURE
RESET CONTROLLER FRAMEWORK

Please let me know about your answers and always send your responses
to the linux-kernel-mentees mailing list.

After that first exercise, exercises 2 and 3 will follow.

Lukas