Mining Maintainers mentorship program - mentee Selection tasks

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 06:35:31 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 6:59 AM Parvathy H <parvathyhiyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in the Mining Maintainers mentorship program and I would like towork on the tasks for the mentee selection.

Thanks for your interest.

For the mentee selection, please work on the following exercise:

First, download the kernel git repository and compile the kernel with
the x86-defconfig build configuration.

There is a file called MAINTAINERS in the root directory of the git
repository. Read the introduction at the beginning of the MAINTAINERS
file and understand the content in the file and its organisation.

Explain in your words: What is stored in the MAINTAINERS file?

Now, search for specific maintainer entries; Please answer: Who are
the maintainers and reviewers of the following sections?

DMA BUFFER SHARING FRAMEWORK
DRM DRIVER FOR ARM PL111 CLCD
HARMONY SOUND DRIVER
IOC3 ETHERNET DRIVER
KASAN
KFIFO
MAILBOX API
MAN-PAGES: MANUAL PAGES FOR LINUX -- Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7
SQUASHFS FILE SYSTEM
THANKO'S RAREMONO AM/FM/SW RADIO RECEIVER USB DRIVER
TIPC NETWORK LAYER

Please let me know about your answers and always send your responses
to the linux-kernel-mentees mailing list.

After that first exercise, exercises 2 and 3 will follow.