Regarding LFX Mentorship

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:55:10 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 9:28 AM Ashutosh Sharma
<b18010 at students.iitmandi.ac.in> wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am Ashutosh Sharma currently a senior studying Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, India. Sir, I got to know about the Linux Kernel: Mining for Maintainers project from the LFX Mentorship Program website. I am really excited about the project. I have applied for the project on the website. Now, I am writing this email to you regarding the mentee tasks.
> Sir, I have been an intern at Amazon where I worked on AWS,  Java and React. Other than that I have also worked as a student developer in Google Summer of Code 2020 under The Mifos Initiative organisation. Currently, I am looking for more opportunities to challenge myself and learn new skills.
> Hoping for a positive response from your side.

Please always CC linux-kernel-mentees at lists.linuxfoundation.org.

Thanks for your interest.

For the mentee selection, please work on the following exercise:

First, download the kernel git repository and compile the kernel with
the x86-defconfig build configuration.

There is a file called MAINTAINERS in the root directory of the git
repository. Read the introduction at the beginning of the MAINTAINERS
file and understand the content in the file and its organisation.

Explain in your words: What is stored in the MAINTAINERS file?

Now, search for specific MAINTAINER entries; Please answer: Who are
the maintainers and reviewers of the following sections?

ACPI PMIC DRIVERS
ADF7242 IEEE 802.15.4 RADIO DRIVER
AFFS FILE SYSTEM
DOCUMENTATION REPORTING ISSUES
MEDIA INPUT INFRASTRUCTURE (V4L/DVB)
P54 WIRELESS DRIVER
SCTP PROTOCOL
SOUND - DMAENGINE HELPERS
USB "USBNET" DRIVER FRAMEWORK
VIRTIO FILE SYSTEM

Please let me know about your answers and always send your responses
to the linux-kernel-mentees mailing list.

After that first exercise, exercises 2 and 3 will follow.

Lukas