[PATCH v8 0/2] firmware_loader: fix uaf in firmware_fallback_sysfs
mail at anirudhrb.com
Wed Jul 28 08:51:05 UTC 2021
This series fixes the use after free in firmware_fallback_sysfs reported by
The first patch gets rid of the -EAGAIN return since it doesn't make
sense (see patch description for more info). The second patch goes on to
actually fix the use after free issue.
Changes in v8:
1. Added/fixed some comments as suggested by Shuah
Changes in v7:
1. Don't move the error handling code from fw_load_sysfs_fallback
to fw_sysfs_wait_timeout to simplify the patch. Also, the move
2. Fix the commit log for patch 1 as per Luis' suggestions.
Changes in v6:
1. v5 didn't actually remove -EAGAIN. So, fixed that.
Changes in v5:
1. Split the patch into two patches as discussed here:
Changes in v4:
Documented the reasons behind the error codes returned from
fw_sysfs_wait_timeout() as suggested by Luis Chamberlain.
Changes in v3:
Modified the patch to incorporate suggestions by Luis Chamberlain in
order to fix the root cause instead of applying a "band-aid" kind of
Changes in v2:
1. Fixed 1 error and 1 warning (in the commit message) reported by
checkpatch.pl. The error was regarding the format for referring to
another commit "commit <sha> ("oneline")". The warning was for line
longer than 75 chars.
Anirudh Rayabharam (2):
firmware_loader: use -ETIMEDOUT instead of -EAGAIN in
firmware_loader: fix use-after-free in firmware_fallback_sysfs
drivers/base/firmware_loader/fallback.c | 14 ++++++++------
drivers/base/firmware_loader/firmware.h | 10 +++++++++-
drivers/base/firmware_loader/main.c | 2 ++
3 files changed, 19 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
More information about the Linux-kernel-mentees