[linux-pm] [Question] AMD opteron can support CPUfreq by per core ?

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 20:06:44 PDT 2008

check this out:

http://osdir.com/ml/kernel.cpufreq/2004-07/msg00012.html

from the reply, since the power management flag is at the per-core
level (check /proc/cpuinfo), all control can be done at the per-core
level, hard-ware wise.   (not sure of Linux Kernel itself)

But at least 4 flags must be present (read above email):   ts, ttp, fid, vid.

I must also say this is the first time I am aware of these flags too :-).

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 2:06 PM, MinChan Kim <minchan.kim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,  all,
>
> I want to test CPUfreq function in  AMD opteron quad-core series.
> But I am not sure linux in now can support CPUfreq for ADM opteron by per core ?
> What I mean is not controling to put together 2 core by one package
> but control by per core.
> After all, I want to control all 4 cpu separetely.
>
> Is is possible? If it is possible, What kinds of model can support ?
>
>  --
> Kinds regards,
> MinChan Kim
>
> --