[llvmlinux] Minutes from this week's LLVMLinux meeting

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Fri Oct 26 15:55:25 UTC 2012

 From shared meeting Google doc


LLVMLinux Project: http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/

This week the meeting was on Thursday, Oct 25 2012 on Google Plus Hangout at 4pm UTC.


If you haven't use G+ Hangouts before, make sure you have the appropriate Chrome or Firefox plugin installed, and tested before the time of the meeting. You can try a test hangout with me today before the meeting if you want to.

Last weeks top 2-3 work items:

     Behan: Upstream common kernel patches, get clang working again (investigate current compile issues + unpatched clang), network testing


     Jan-Simon: (travel) - x86 head

     Tinti: finish rpi build, test on a real rpi, review documentation, try to add gdb/strace tools to initramfs


     Help resolve memory leak issue in clang build

     Make user space test SW use integrated assembler and clang for compilation

     Should user space use EABI build or not? If so, use compiler-rt

     Look at merged globals issue if time

     Study posibilities to port RT Prempt patch to LLEM kernel

Agenda for this week:

     (5 mins total) Everyone shared a quick summary of the progress they've made from the last 2 weeks
             Fixed clang build issues
             Investigated and rebuilt VLAIS patches to more easily get them upstream.
         Tinti: Raspberry Pi build and booting. Unable to review documentation.
             Tracking down section mismatches ( )
             x86 HEAD (WIP, waiting for update from pipacs / v3.6)

     (45 mins) General meeting discussions:

     Module unloading
         Mark has proved it works with Vexpress
         Tinti will test in rpi
         JSM is still testing it in X86. Not working yet. (code ends up in ".text" instead of ".exit.text")
         SROA bug fix at http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=14034
     VLAIS discussion
         Adopted VLAIS patches from Pipacs into arch/all
         Introduced valign.h with macros to do VLAIS-like calculations
         Rewrote vlais-gadget to be less intrusive

     QEMU Networking discussion
         Can we remove qemu from the build and use the distro packages of qemu?
         JSM to try qemu on OpenSUSE to make sure it works
         BW to try and get LF IT to install qemu on buildbox server

     Resolved Clang issues
         Turned out to be a bad merge by BW of rpi patches from Tinti
     Review bug list (please update your bugs on the website before the meeting)
     Review todo/roadmap list (please update your todos on the website before the meeting)
     LLVM 3.2 is approaching. We need to upstream our LLVM/Clang patches
         Ready for pushing:
             paired-register for 64-bit patch (Submitted by Qualcomm?)
             Handle empty archive
             RFC upstream: ELF emit patch (adds unknown opcodes)  -
         Needs investigation:
             Integrated as octa? (needs
             integrated AS macro

     Init mem poisoning kills the kernel
         Mark tested this, and its working now.

     Review the project Roadmap/Timeline to take us to the end of the year


         Tinti will write an article for http://www.raspberrypi.org/
         Test module loading/unloading

     (5 mins) Each meeting attendee listed the top 2 items to be worked on for the next 2 weeks

         Working on upstreaming kernel patches
         Making sure our LLVM patches get upstream to LLVM project
         Test module loading/unloading
         Documentation review
         Write Raspberry Pi & Clang article
         Check USB/Ethernet issue on RPI
         Section Mismatches and
         x86 update to v3.6/HEAD

Behan Webster
behanw at converseincode.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/attachments/20121026/14404227/attachment.html>

More information about the LLVMLinux mailing list