[llvmlinux] Documentation for the new quilt based kernel patching system

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Fri Sep 21 16:59:40 UTC 2012

Because we don't yet have a body of documentation in the repo yet I
think people have largely been putting any documentation on the wiki, or
not documenting at all.

At the urging of Sedat Dilek, I've (finally) created a top level
Documentation directory, and contributed the first (of hopefully many)
documentation file (git link follows).

http://git.linuxfoundation.org/?p=llvmlinux.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/quilt-patch-system.txt

I elected to use wiki text formatting to write the documentation so that
it can be easily added to the wiki as well without having to reformat it.

Feel free to add your own documentation files, or correct anything in
existing documentation (if you don't have commit access, patches
accepted). I've just noticed that Mark Charlebois has already corrected
typos and made a contribution to the quilt patch documentation file.
Thank you Mark! (Mental note to self: spell check documentation written
in vim)

I encourage everyone to read that document who is doing kernel patches.
It will hopefully make your use of the new system a lot more straight
forward.

Behan

--
Behan Webster