[llvmlinux] [GSoC] Static analysis

Eduard Bachmakov e.bachmakov at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 05:08:35 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I really like what you're doing here and I want to try and help
llvmlinux for GSoC. I'm trying get an overview for the changes
required to get static analysis to work. I know some work has been
done already (other is in progress according to the wiki). So,

1. Where can I find that work?
2. Are there any provisions in the build system for the analyzer run?
2.1 Where can I find some more background on the build system itself?
3. On the ideas page it says that changes in checker/llvm/clang are
required. Is there more detail on this? Or is it just something one
knows after working with the code?
4. It is also stated that this is an advanced task. Is that because of
the scope in 3. or is there more to it? (It's obviously not trivial,
but I'd like to know just how much bg I need to have).

Once I have more idea on 2. (and 1.), I'll try to run it and see what happens.

Thanks!

Eduard (irc: McEnroe)