[llvmlinux] Compiling several version of the linux kernel

Eduard Bachmakov e.bachmakov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:31:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Marcelo Sousa <marceloabsousa at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is it possible to compile several versions of the linux kernel or is the
> project just focused on a specific one?

By default the system just builds whatever is there. Updates happen during
e.g. make sync-all. All you really need to do is to have git revert to an
older revision but make sure to un-patch first. My guess is that some
patches might start failing as the delta grows. It should also be possible
to automate things a bit if you were to hack support for kbuild's "make
O=ouputdir" into the buildsys (if you care about the result, not just
compilation itself).