[llvmlinux] Compiling several version of the linux kernel

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Mon Jul 1 16:16:30 UTC 2013

On 06/30/13 18:22, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to compile several versions of the linux kernel or is
> the project just focused on a specific one?
In general we are concentrating on mainline, since the goal of the
project is to upstream LLVM/clang related patches to the mainline kernel.

However, a number of our embedded targets use private or vendor kernel
trees (not mainline) so we do support more than just the mainline kernel.

Which version are you looking for?

> Moreover, are you aware of any bugs that are present in the gcc
> version and not on the LLVM version due to compiler optimizations?
I'm not aware of any at this time.

behanw at converseincode.com