[llvmlinux] [llvm3.3linux3.10] x86_64: Two missing patches in series file?

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 20:53:02 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:26 PM, Behan Webster
<behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
> On 07/09/13 09:33, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Behan Webster <behanw at converseincode.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am sure the list would love to hear your results for testing specific
>>> kernel versions and config options.
>>>
>> As said building is not the real goal... Running on bare metal is...
>
> The project currently only tests the x86_64 on bare metal. Although
> Jan-Simon is working on a qemu x86_64 boot so we can add it to the
> continuous integration build.

What means "tests"...

> When the mainline kernel is built in the build system, it boots fine on a
> real x86_64 system.

...and which last kernel-git did run?

> Without more info, I'm afraid we can't do much to help. Have you tried
> building the kernel using the LLVMLinux build system? I would be curious to
> see if that works for you.

It happens to early - so not logs or screenshot, sorry.
What should that change if I use the LLVMLinux build system?
>From toolchain side there are no extra patches.
For x86_64 I have them all applied (see my previous reply).

> There are no user space dependencies on the compiler used to build the
> kernel (so no, you don't need any clang-libs in your initrd).

Did not investigate my initrd.img, if sth. like libgcc is inside.

I have seen you have no CONFIG_MEI set, guess my system needs that for booting.

- Sedat -