[llvmlinux] x86_64: Creating a checkpoint fails

Jan-Simon Möller jsmoeller at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jul 10 08:31:54 UTC 2013

Hi,
On Wednesday 10 July 2013 09:39:47 Sedat Dilek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> targets having no existing "checkpoint" dir fails when following the docs.
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
> == How do I create a checkpoint? (here: x86_64) ==
>
>    $ cd targets/x86_64/
>
>    $ mkdir checkpoint <--- Done manually.
>
>    $ make config > checkpoint/ckp1.mk
>
> TEST:
>
> == How do I use a checkpoint? ==
>
> $ LC_ALL=C make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all
> Makefile:39: config.mk: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `config.mk'.  Stop.

Wrong.  you crated checkpoint/ckp1.mk ... thus you have to use

make CONFIG=checkpoint/ckp1.mk ....

When going back to an existing old checkpoint, the workflow is:

cp checkpoint/ckp1.mk /tmp/ckp1.mk    # save the config for use
make CONFIG=/tmp/ckp1.mk sync-all
# apply the git checkout statement mentioned in the stdout
git checkout XYZ ^^^
make CONFIG=/tmp/ckp1.mk kernel-build

We go back in time here.

Best,