[llvmlinux] make [CONFIG=config.mk] sync-all... does not download llvm-sources

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:48:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Behan Webster
<behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/13 09:05, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Behan Webster
>> <behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:

>>> I did look at your logs. They doesn't match with what I can reproduce
>>> here.
>>> I suspect you didn't redirect stderr when you recorded the log. I can
>>> assure
>>> you that it is being synced. I do "make sync-all" almost daily.
>>>
>>  From my previous reply (Please, read more carefully!):
>>
>> LC_ALL=C make CONFIG=config.mk sync-all 2>&1 | tee
>> ~/src/llvmlinux/make-config_mk-sync-all.txt
>
> I did indeed miss that line.
>
> But I still can't reproduce the issue you are seeing. It is syncing for me.
> Not saving stderr was the only thing I could think that might be the issue.
>
> However, clang is building for you isn't it?

If you mean with "clang" LLVM/Clang, yes.
'make kernel-build' is really fetching LLVM sources.

After dozens of time touching your build-system, the generated kernel
seems to boot, but end in initramfs as CONFIG_FUSE=y is not set.
For a WUBI installation fuse is absolutely necessary.

I am doing a clean build, now.

What the hell is "FORCE_LLVMLINUX_COMMIT=1" for?
Shouldn't that checkout (downgrade) llvmlinux-git for me?
Current HEAD does not match with checkpoint config.mk. Please run:
    git checkout 37633a590b7a22719149e344cb197025a2c83ed9
Where to do that git-checkout - I have asked that, doing again.

git-reset-ing $my-good-commit-id on GIT master or doing so for a new
GIT branch fails.

The only thing I can imagine is to through it away.

- Sedat -