[llvmlinux] Linux-v3.10 is bootable here

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 12:13:18 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Jan-Simon Möller <dl9pf at gmx.de> wrote:

>> You helped me a lot with giving a "working startpoint", otherwise my
>> experiments have been "endless".
>>
>> Hope I could give sth. back.
>
> You could help us to track down why llvm/clang HEAD does not boot but 3.3
> does.  If you have a spare box, you could bisect it.

Sorry, this is 1. not my focus 2. very time-consuming.
( What I can do is to switch to my generated llvmlinux-toolchain and
see if this really breaks. I cannot promise anything! )

> So far we know it happens during bootup using sse/mmx (which should be be used
> at this point).  So changes to the x86 sse/mmx handling can be the culprit.

First, can you post the exact error/warning messages?

Did you try to add "-mno-sse" option to KBUILD_CFLAGS in
"arch/x86/realmode/rm/Makefile" like in "arch/x86/boot/Makefile"?
Might be worth a test as a workaround.

- Sedat -