[llvmlinux] Linux-v3.10 is bootable here

PaX Team pageexec at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:42:40 UTC 2013

On 12 Jul 2013 at 14:08, Sedat Dilek wrote:

> I am not sure why pageexec (PaX team) has chosen -march=i586.
> Might be i586 is the minimum for x86-32bit for llvm/clang?

those changes are needed when one wants to enable integrated-as (which
is what i've been doing for some years now but it's a big step and the
llvmlinux folks will take it later). what happens is that some of the
asm code contains insns that don't exist on i386 but later CPUs only
and llvm's integrated assembler does actually enforce this unlike gas.