[llvmlinux] LLVMLinux Meeting Minutes 2013-07-03

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Sat Jul 13 15:11:06 UTC 2013

On 07/13/13 04:00, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> VLAIS article
>>
> Hi,
>
> Where can someone see/download this article?
Considering I haven't finished it yet (it's a background task), no.

>> The best way to participate in upstreaming patches is with the following
>> spreadsheet. Ask for access if you want to be able to update it
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao2VHhaw1DTqdERLUDBmVlpiY2pUNUlLa1k3ck1Zc1E#gid=0
>>
> Where are those extra-patches?
No extra patches. These are all the patches in the project listed in a
single spreadsheet. You will note that some are arch independent, some
are arch dependent (arm or x86_64) and some are target specific.

If you configure the tools/patchstatus.conf file (it can be stored as
~/.patchstatus.conf) then you can type "make kernel-patch-status" in any
of the target directories to see status info (pulled from this shared
spreadsheet) about each patch relevant to that target,

>> VLAIS update
>>
> Patch-names? Location for download? (see above Behan's article)
See the spreadsheet.

>> Merged globals/section mismatches update
>>
>> Still needs more investigation
>>
>> Investigation so far
>> https://lftraining.dyndns.org/pad/p/llvm-section-mismatch
>>
> That paper looks interesting - WIP?
Abbreviation for "Work-In-Progress".

>> \Tools
>>
>> Clang Static Analyzer
>>
>> Demo checker run: http://buildbot.llvm.linuxfoundation.org/2013-06-17-1/
>>
>> Still full of false positives. Will publish more widely when it’s less noisy
>> (Eduard is working on removing checkers which are useless to the kernel code
>> base)
>>
>> A current x86_64 checker build takes about 4 hours on Eduard’s laptop
>>
>> Some changes are needed for the LLVMLinux build system
>>
> Could you determine these false-positives?
A manual process which Eduard is doing.

>> LLVM micro conference at Linux Plumbers Conference
>>
>> Mark and Behan were asked to lead the LLVM Micro-conference at Linux
>> Plumbers Conference http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2013:llvm
>>
> I am missing a link to the LLVMLinux-project together with a short description.
This is a generic  mini-conference on all things LLVM in Linux. The
LLVMLinux Project is merely one of those things. We will certainly be
doing talks about LLVMLinux project during the conference.

That we were asked to lead it was very cool, but the point is to be
agnostic, and not merely push a single project.

All of this has been covered in previous meetings and minutes. I invite
you to attend the next one (doodle poll was just published to choose a
time).

Behan

--
Behan Webster