[llvmlinux] LLVMLinux Meeting Minutes 2013-07-03

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 15:45:06 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Behan Webster
<behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
> On 07/13/13 04:00, Sedat Dilek wrote:
[...]
>>> The best way to participate in upstreaming patches is with the following
>>> spreadsheet. Ask for access if you want to be able to update it
>>>

>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao2VHhaw1DTqdERLUDBmVlpiY2pUNUlLa1k3ck1Zc1E#gid=0
>>>
>> Where are those extra-patches?
>
> No extra patches. These are all the patches in the project listed in a
> single spreadsheet. You will note that some are arch independent, some are
> arch dependent (arm or x86_64) and some are target specific.
>
> If you configure the tools/patchstatus.conf file (it can be stored as
> ~/.patchstatus.conf) then you can type "make kernel-patch-status" in any of
> the target directories to see status info (pulled from this shared
> spreadsheet) about each patch relevant to that target,

I cannot follow - patches do not belong on a spreadsheet - they should
be physically available.
I do not see them in llvmlinux-git.
So, where are those patches stored - physically?

If those patches are experimental why don't you establish sth. like
"llvmlinux-next" as a GIT repository?
"llvmlinux" can coexist as a "stable" development tree.

I am not interested in source-code which is written into a sheet,
resides on someone's workstation or is in your brain.

- Sedat -