[llvmlinux] LLVMLinux Meeting Minutes 2013-07-03

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Sat Jul 13 15:57:25 UTC 2013

On 07/13/13 11:45, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Behan Webster
> <behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
>> On 07/13/13 04:00, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> [...]
>>>>
>>> Where are those extra-patches?
>> No extra patches. These are all the patches in the project listed in a
>> single spreadsheet. You will note that some are arch independent, some are
>> arch dependent (arm or x86_64) and some are target specific.
>>
>> If you configure the tools/patchstatus.conf file (it can be stored as
>> ~/.patchstatus.conf) then you can type "make kernel-patch-status" in any of
>> the target directories to see status info (pulled from this shared
>> spreadsheet) about each patch relevant to that target,
>>
> I cannot follow - patches do not belong on a spreadsheet - they should
> be physically available.
The patches are only listed in the spreadsheet (the spreadsheet is meta
data only). The patches live in the LLVMLinux git repo where they've
always been. The patch names in the spreadsheet match the patch file
names in the repo. The spreadsheet is merely a communications tool so we
can keep track of who is doing what and why.

> I do not see them in llvmlinux-git.
> So, where are those patches stored - physically?
Same places in the LLVMLinux repo as always:

arch/*/patches
target/*/patches

Appropriate patches linked into the target patches when you build the
target.

> If those patches are experimental why don't you establish sth. like
> "llvmlinux-next" as a GIT repository?
> "llvmlinux" can coexist as a "stable" development tree.
All our patches are experimental. They're all experimental until we get
them upstream.

> I am not interested in source-code which is written into a sheet,
> resides on someone's workstation or is in your brain.
Great. Because nobody is doing any of those things. :)

Behan

--
Behan Webster
behanw at converseincode.com