[llvmlinux] Choosing which clang to use

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Sun Jul 14 05:27:11 UTC 2013

I've just pushed updates which allow you to choose which clang you want
to use.

You can choose your clang by setting the CLANG_TOOLCHAIN variable.
   CLANG_TOOLCHAIN=prebuilt     Download and use llvm.org clang
   CLANG_TOOLCHAIN=native       Use distro installed clang
   CLANG_TOOLCHAIN=from-source  Download and build from source (Default)

As an example, you would use it as follows

$ cd targets/x86_64
$ make CLANG_TOOLCHAIN=prebuilt kernel-build

You can also specify it in your config file if you wish (which extends
to checkpoints from now on as well). Note that this obviously won't work
with checkpoints in the past (since the code was only just added to the
build system).

$ cd targets/x86_64
$ echo "CLANG_TOOLCHAIN=prebuilt" >> config.mk
$ make CONFIG=config.mk kernel-build

I hope this works for everyone. I'm the only one who has tested it so
far, so doubtless there are still bugs...

Behan

--
Behan Webster
behanw at converseincode.com