[llvmlinux] Added the ability to choose from multiple clangs

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Tue Jul 16 13:11:40 UTC 2013

On 07/16/13 05:38, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> So, it's nice to see that my idea is now upstream.
> But never forget to give credits. This is a sign of respect.
> Due to the Linux-kernel development credit-system I would expect a
> "Reported-by/Tested-by/Suggested-by".
You were the latest person to ask for a way of using an out of tree
version of clang (distro, 3rd party, or otherwise native), but by no
means were you the first person to propose the idea. Were I to attribute
the idea to the first person who wanted to use an external clang I'd
have to go back over the last year of email to find out who first asked
for it.

Using an external clang only just became viable since the release of
LLVM 3.3 which is why I thought it was finally time to implement this
feature (and found some time to actually do it).

behanw at converseincode.com