[llvmlinux] RFC: Unique handling of kernel-config files and working checkpoints

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Tue Jul 16 13:15:56 UTC 2013

On 07/16/13 06:07, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> But I am keen on the latest stable version of toolchain and Linux-kernel.
> So, why not keep checkpoints only for the latest stable (Linux-kernel) version?
Feel free to provide kernel configs with accompanying config.mk files
for them.

> But as you have seen, people ask (demand?) for stable settings/configs.
Looks like you've found an area where you can help the project. :)

> Simply focussing on GIT HEAD can NOT be successful in my eyes.
Considering the major goal of the project is upstreaming patches to
mainline, it's working pretty darned well from what I can see. :)

Project contributors are largely working on areas which are important to
themselves and their own use-cases. I would challenge you to work on
these points since you are finding them lacking, and since they sound
important to you.

Behan

--
Behan Webster