[llvmlinux] compile error x86

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Tue Jul 23 21:36:23 UTC 2013

On 07/23/13 17:11, Tinti wrote:
> Marcelo, hint:
>
> Last time some one forgot to install quilt and other packages, the
> llvmlinux build system has entered in an unknown state. If that is the
> case make sure to remove all files from your "stage" folder in
> "toolchain" and your "target".

It shouldn't do that. :( It's supposed to warn you that quilt isn't
installed and quit.

Well, I should add, it will do this on a system for which there is
support for dependency checking in arch/all/dependency.mk; we currently
support apt-get, yum and zypper. Patches gratefully accepted for other
packaging systems.

What do you mean by an unknown state? I'd certainly like to see full
logs of an event like that so it can be fixed.

I'm assuming you mean "state" (not "stage"). "make clean-all" and "make
mrproper-all" will wipe out all the appropriate state files. There
should be no need to do so manually.

Thanks,

behanw at converseincode.com