[llvmlinux] Heavy experiments

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Wed Jul 24 00:23:43 UTC 2013

On 07/23/13 19:11, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
> Another question: Is one of the goals of the google summer project to
> apply the clang-analyzer to several versions of the kernel or just the
> latest one?
To get it working with the kernel in a useful way, and then build it
into Kbuild to make it easier for kernel devs to use it (which would be
merged along with our kbuild clang support patches sent upstream).

Also to write new Linux kernel specific checker modules for it.

So to this end the work will be done on mainline (since the purpose is
to upstream it).

Though I'm sure somebody else could back port it to earlier kernels,
that is not a part of the current GSoC.

behanw at converseincode.com