[llvmlinux] Linux Kernel LLVM IR

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Mon Mar 4 16:30:31 UTC 2013

On 03/04/13 11:11, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
> Can I specify somewhere my version of the linux kernel and my version
> of LLVM? I just want to produce the bytecode files.
If you look at Documentation/settings_file.txt it will explain how to
specify your own commit versions for the various repos.

But bear in mind that only producing BC currently isn't something we can
do as nobody has looked at doing it before. The Linux kernel build
system requires that object code (.o files) are generated, so it would
be a matter of modifying the make-kernel.sh wrapper script to run clang
twice in order to do so; once to generate a .o and once to generate the .bc

Though if I could suggest, using the vexpress target would probably be
your best bet. Although it's ARM, it is our primary test vehicle and
runs tests in a QEMU.

behanw at converseincode.com