[llvmlinux] Linux Kernel LLVM IR

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Mon Mar 4 17:22:13 UTC 2013

On 03/04/13 12:13, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
> There seems to be a bit of confusion. I don't want to use a specific
> commit version of clang or llvm.
> I have modified versions of clang and llvm already installed in my
> system and I just want to point to those executables and libraries
> where required. Is this possible?
Only if you include our LLVM/clang patches in your LLVM/clang builds. As
it stands LLVM/Clang still has issues that need fixing in order to make
it able to build the Linux Kernel code.

We still have a couple of outstanding issues in clang we're trying to
track down as well which affect linking (which should affect what you're
trying to do).

> x86 is not a fundamental blocker for now, so I can try out with
> vexpress.
That will be your best bet.

>   Actually I would also be interested in looking at the LLVM
> IR of QEMU. Has anyone achieved this?
Not that I'm aware of. Go for it. :)

Behan

--