[llvmlinux] Linux Kernel LLVM IR

Marcelo Sousa marceloabsousa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 17:22:51 UTC 2013

When I try the same approach for x86, I get several errors such as:

/home/scratch/llvmlinux/targets/x86_64/src/linux/arch/x86/include/asm/jump_label.h:16:6:
error: expected '(' after 'asm'
        asm goto("1:"

include/linux/types.h:16:9: error: unknown type name '__kernel_ino_t'
typedef __kernel_ino_t          ino_t;

This seems to be clang related so I'm guessing that for x86 I need to
change my clang invocation.
Jan: is the clang for x86 different than the one used to build vexpress?

Regards,
Marcelo

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Marcelo Sousa <marceloabsousa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was able to make it work :) Now testing with x86.
>
> Thanks a lot for the help!
>
> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Behan Webster <behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:
>> On 03/05/13 09:29, Marcelo Sousa wrote:
>>>
>>> Can I modify the current make-kernel.sh to call the wrapper? This
>>> would allow me to generate the bytecode and the object file quite
>>> easily. I modified the CC variable in make-kernel.sh to call the
>>> clang-wrapper.sh but this doesn't work (not sure why though). Any