[llvmlinux] GSoC project ideas brainstorm

Jan-Simon Möller dl9pf at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 17:20:34 UTC 2013

Hi all!

I'd like to start a brainstorm session on topics for GSoC.  The org
application phase starts now and we'll apply.

I'd propose to have 3-5 ideas available with different level of difficulty:

easy:
-  beaglebone target / $board target  -  including upstreaming and bugfixing
-  work on infra (build infra or buildbot/jenkins?)
-  ...

intermediate:
-  Extend buildbot for x86
-  Add full ltp run with reporting
-  Add reporting of error/warning/msg statistics (how many warnings of type X)
-  ....

hard:
- checker
- llvm macros, llvm + realmode
- tracing, benchmarking, fix all errors in "make allyesconfig"
- ...

Comments, ideas ?  We need to settle on 3-5 ideas in the end.

Best,
JS

--

Dipl.-Ing.