[llvmlinux] A few changes for ubu-13.04/64: Add flex and other pkgs.

Tinti viniciustinti at gmail.com
Fri May 3 22:52:18 UTC 2013

Hi Randy,

I am also trying to build it on 13.04/64bit (specially because 13.04 has
"creduce" on apt-get). I think bison should be on this list too. As soon as
we get it work we should add an entry for 13.04 on the wiki as you said.

I think we need to recheck the build-dep target to address this issues. You
are not the first one I see that have problems with libfdt-dev.

Best regards,
Tinti

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Randy MacLeod <rwmacleod at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tired tog et registered on the llvm wiki but that seems to take a while.
> tinti on IRC volunteered to do the editing so here's the email summary.
>
> // Randy
>
> ---
> I'm building llvmlinux on a fairly fresh install of ubuntu 13.04/64bit and
> noticed that the list of packages to apt-get was not complete. The build
> system does catch each omission but
> I think it would be better for newbies if  the apt-get/yum list included
> all the packages
> to make vexpress and x86_64 and that we document
>
> . There are a number of other pacakges that I had to
> add but perhaps they are target specific. Anyway, if you want a list, I
> had to add these:
>   - flex libfdt1 libfdt-dev  libpixman-1-dev libpixman-1-0
>
> Could you at least add flex to the list here:
> http://llvm.linuxfoundation.org/index.php/Quick_Start_Guide
>

> A few notes below if you want to know some of the context in which I found
> I had to add packages.
>
> On to building oe-core native pkgs using clang and perhaps working with
> Khem to add llvm and clang to oe-core.
>
> // Randy
>
> BTW, my first build of x86_64 failed (no logs, oops) so then I built
> vexpress and that worked although I did have to add the package libfdt1.
> The build system was kind enough to fail and ask for that pkg.
>
> Then, iirc, I was building target/x86_64 and found:
>
> Finished state qemu-patch
> dpkg-query: no packages found matching sparse
> dpkg-query: no packages found matching libfdt-dev
> Checking build dependencies
> All build dependencies were found
> Configure QEMU...
> (cd /home/rmacleod/src/lang/llvm/llvmlinux.git/test/qemu/build/qemu &&
> /home/rmacleod/src/lang/llvm/llvmlinux.git/test/qemu/src/qemu/configure \
>  --target-list=arm-softmmu,mips-softmmu,i386-softmmu,x86_64-softmmu
> --disable-kvm --disable-vnc \
> --disable-sdl --audio-drv-list="" --audio-card-list="" --enable-fdt \
>  --disable-docs
> --prefix=/home/rmacleod/src/lang/llvm/llvmlinux.git/test/qemu/install)
>
> ERROR: pixman not present. Your options:
>          (1) Preferred: Install the pixman devel package (any recent
>              distro should have packages as Xorg needs pixman too).
>          (2) Fetch the pixman submodule, using:
>              git submodule update --init pixman
>

> so I added:
>   libpixman-1-dev libpixman-1-0
>
> and then later: libfdt-dev for some reason.
>

> --
> ../Randy/..

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication