[llvmlinux] A clang based toolchain to play around with...

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Sun May 12 20:28:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 7 May 2013 10:28, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:

> One comment, though: don't use different versions of Clang and LLVM. Even
> though they're generally unrelated, this is not always true and the
> problems that might arise because of that are not always trivial to reduce.
> Since you're compiling a pretty heavy source tree, you're in for a bit of a
> nightmare. ;)

I know -- they aren't actually different versions.
The svn revisions in the filenames are the "Last Changed Rev:" ID from svn
(so they will always be close but never the same).

While we could just take the "Revision:" ID instead and get identical
numbers, I preferred to look at the last changed rev because it makes it
easier to spot in what build something actually changed (e.g. if I'm
looking for a fix for a clang problem and I see only the LLVM revision has
increased, I know I don't have to check the newer build).

Not sure if my reasoning there makes sense - there's obviously also reasons
to just go with the "Revision:" ID...

ttyl
bero