[llvmlinux] [LLVMdev] Android build patch

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Nov 5 08:23:48 UTC 2013

On 4 November 2013 23:45, James Lyon <jameslyon0 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'm trying to build LLVM on Android rather than the other way around!
> Really just to see if it can be done. I worked out the first problem (my
> code was written for the old JIT and I'd missed something in updating to
> the MCJIT to make it work on ARM). It still doesn't work, but at this point
> I have no idea why and it'll be a while before I get to look at it again:
> the Android debug tools simply crash and give no output whatsoever, so all
> I know is that the test app exits somewhere inside MCJIT::finalizeObject.

Ha, yes, I always get confused.

You should communicate with Anton (cc'd), as he was trying to do exactly
that a few days ago. I'm also copying the LLVMLinux list, since this is the
second thread on the subject in a short time, there might be some trend to
make it work and add a buildbot or something like that.

I think that, on the Android front, it would be really nice to have
Clang/LLVM working well, especially on the JIT front, so that we could have
a more generic JIT experience, rather than just Renderscript. We should
think about that when creating AOSP images in the future.

cheers,
--renato