[llvmlinux] Errors building on OS X, and questions

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Fri Nov 8 02:15:57 UTC 2013

On Nov 7, 2013, at 18:11 , Behan Webster <behanw at converseincode.com> wrote:

> On 11/07/13 16:23, Tinti wrote:
>>
>> I would recommend you first build 'vexpress' target. If it works on OS
>> X then try BeagleBone which by the way as far as I remember is not up
>> to date.
> The BeagleBone (White) target is indeed a work in progress. It requires
> a LOT of patches since most of the BB patches aren't upstream yet.
>
> vexpress is indeed the right place to start.
>
> As far as your xargs errors, it is no doubt an incompatibility with
> xargs on OSX and xargs on Linux. I probably used an option which isn't
> available on the OSX version of xargs.
>
> Patches accepted! :)

Thanks for chiming in. As you’ve probably noticed by now, I replied a bit earlier with a link to my results for vexpress:

On Nov 7, 2013, at 17:29 , Rick Mann <rmann at latencyzero.com> wrote:

> 	http://pastebin.com/FuTSyxxF
>
> In particular, I think the first error is in "USB Miscellaneous drivers”, "Error in reading or end of file.”

I’ll eventually be targeting BeagleBone Black (not white), but let’s get vexpress working first. I’ll happily offer patches, but right now I don’t even know where to begin. I’m an expert iOS and OS X developer, but I’m used to Xcode, not Makefiles and command-line tools.

No doubt the xargs issue (and others) are OS X-isms, and we’ll get to those, for sure.

I appreciate the help!

--
Rick