[llvmlinux] Errors building on OS X, and questions

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Fri Nov 8 02:17:39 UTC 2013

On 11/07/13 17:29, Rick Mann wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2013, at 16:23 , Tinti <viniciustinti at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rick,
>>
>> Very cool that you are trying on OS X. I am not sure if anyone here
has tried but is nice to see that the build system is able to reach the
kernel build step.

>> I would recommend you first build 'vexpress' target. If it works on
OS X then try BeagleBone which by the way as far as I remember is not up
to date.

>> Please let me know if I can help in something more. Good luck!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I tried vexpress. It seems to have gotten farther, albeit with similar
issues:

>     http://pastebin.com/FuTSyxxF
Seems you don't have quilt installed. I think you'll find that you are
missing a few tools which are required. We have dependency checking on
Linux, but nothing for OSX yet, despite it claiming all build
dependencies found. That's a bug. :( . You should be able to install
quilt (and other dependencies) from fink or macports.

http://fink.thetis.ig42.org/
http://www.macports.org/

> In particular, I think the first error is in "USB Miscellaneous drivers?, "Error in reading or end
of file.?
I wouldn't worry about that yet. Without quilt our patches haven't even
been applied. I'm surprised it didn't fail at that point. :(

Behan

- --
Behan Webster
behanw at converseincode.com