[llvmlinux] Errors building on OS X, and questions

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Fri Nov 8 23:04:55 UTC 2013

Actually, I think I spoke too soon. I wonder why clang-3.3 is ignoring arguments:

clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-gcc-toolchain /Users/rmann/Projects/LFS/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/arm/toolchain/codesourcery/arm-2013.05'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mlittle-endian'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-fno-delete-null-pointer-checks'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mabi=aapcs-linux'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mno-thumb-interwork'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mno-thumb'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-Wa,-march=armv7-a'
clang-3.3: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-mshort-load-bytes’

Hi Behan,

Here’s the latest attempt:

	http://pastebin.com/s32cUJ9L

Looks like:

	error: unknown target CPU 'armv5t’

which I think leads to the inability to find <elf.h>

	scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig.c:4:10: fatal error: 'elf.h' file not found
	#include <elf.h>
		 ^