[llvmlinux] Why is there a CodeSourcery toolchain? and make question

Rick Mann rmann at latencyzero.com
Fri Nov 8 23:08:04 UTC 2013

• I thought the point was to build with clang. Why is gcc used?

• One of the invocations that’s failing for me right now is this:

$ cd src/linux
$ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-linux-gnueabi- -j9 CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=1 CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y CONFIG_NO_ERROR_ON_MISMATCH=y   CC?="/Users/rmann/Projects/LFS/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/toolchain/clang/install/bin/clang -gcc-toolchain /Users/rmann/Projects/LFS/LLVMLinux/llvmlinux/arch/arm/toolchain/codesourcery/arm-2013.05”

I don’t know what the question mark in ‘CC?=“…”’ is.

--
Rick