[llvmlinux] Android Kernel Package

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Nov 11 23:35:40 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

I know you guys have buildbots and stuff, but I couldn't find a place where
I could download the Android kernel zip, so I can flash a phone and boot to
terminal. Or maybe that's asking too much for the moment... :D

Basically, what I need is a Clang-compiled Android kernel that I can at
least boot on some (any) device. The idea being that, once we have that on
one device, we'll be able to run other tests with it, and eventually adding
other Clang-compiled Android pieces to it, incrementally.

I'd also want to incrementally add new devices, so that other people could
test at home, or at their offices, CI systems, etc.

I'm asking you guys because:
 1. I don't have the expertise for building the Android kernel for specific
devices
 2. You guys already have patches that make the kernel compile at all
(right?)
 3. Checking out from a tree with the patches applied is ok, but would be
good to know after which merge from AOSP, the tree is compiling, and I'm
assuming the buildbots will tell you that.

Did I get it right? Or am I just making things up?

Let me know,
--renato