[llvmlinux] Android Kernel Package

Tinti viniciustinti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 00:47:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Charlebois, Mark <mcharleb at quicinc.com>wrote:

>  We don't currently host any binaries on the project.
>
> I don't know what hardware you are trying to run Android on... Nexus
> devices? If so, there already is a Makefile to build the Android kernel for
> Nexus 7.

By the way, we may have Nexus 4 too or even Galaxy S3. Last time I tried
with Behan it was not working but I have not tried anymore ...
Nexus 7 (2012) has worked more than once.

> We have to package the kernel into a boot.img and I don't know if we have
> done that. We would need a ramdisk for the device and or an existing
> boot.img to unpack and repack.

We did. By using mkbootimg, unpackimg and abootimg we can do that.

Can Linaro build and host the binaries if you have an automated script? You
> may have to pull a boot.img off of a Nexus device unless you want to build
> a boot.img from source.

You can load a specific boot.img via fastboot.

> Mark
>
> Sent from my HTC One™ X smartphone

Regards,
Tinti

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication