[llvmlinux] Android Kernel Package

Tinti viniciustinti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:35:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 12 November 2013 00:00, Charlebois, Mark <mcharleb at quicinc.com> wrote:
>
>> Can Linaro build and host the binaries if you have an automated script?
>>

> Yes. We have package/release servers for that purpose. We can store
> temporary images in one place, and test images into releases.linaro.org.
>

> You may have to pull a boot.img off of a Nexus device unless you want to
>> build a boot.img from source.
>>

> I don't mind either way, as long as it's scriptable, I'm happy. If the
> boot.img doesn't change much, it should be feasible to compile it once
> (with Clang?), and save one for each device on a temporary server.

Boot.img contains the kernel inside itself. It will change as much as you
update the kernel. Currently boot.img is composed by:

- kernel (changes more often)
- rootfs (mainly configuration files change and very few binaries)
- kernel boot parameters

Regards,
Tinti

> thanks,
> --renato

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication