[llvmlinux] OpenMandriva switching to clang

Bernhard Rosenkränzer bernhard.rosenkranzer at linaro.org
Sat Nov 23 18:16:21 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm currently at the OpenMandriva (http://openmandriva.org/) contributor
summit, and brought up the topic of compilers.

Everyone agreed that switching our default compiler to clang would be an
interesting option, and the only concern was that we don't have lots of
manpower, so fixing 10000 packages may take a long time (not that anyone
actually expects 10000 to fail).

Are there any volunteers to help with the effort (essentially, this would
mean look at mass rebuild failures and, where necessary, fix them -- in the
worst case by forcing CC=gcc CXX=g++ for the particular package)?

ttyl
bero