[llvmlinux] build and link .bc kernel

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Tue Nov 26 19:11:02 UTC 2013

On 11/26/13 05:32, Cristian Zamfir wrote:
>> A vmlinux.bc file seems of dubious utility to me. But what do I know?
> I want to use it for static analysis. For this, the .bc files
> corresponding to the .o files might be good enough.  I know it is not
> the reason why llvmlinux exists, but it is a very useful by-product.
I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done. We all have slightly
different reasons for using LLVM and that's great!

I'll certainly accept patches which implement what it is you're trying
to do. Though any submitted patches shouldn't break the work of the
porting work the project is trying to accomplish however.

behanw at converseincode.com