[llvmlinux] AARCH64 unit tests for clang

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 18:33:21 UTC 2013

Hi Mark,

> Thanks so much for the insight, it was very helpful!

No worries.
> I have another asm issue that I hope you can provide insight on:
>
> 1. The following seems to generate 2 errors when compiled with clang with -O2 enabled, but works without -O2:

I can't quite explain why it works without -O2, but the problem is
that AArch64 assembly comments are introduced by "//" rather than "@"
(as they were in ARM). I suspect this was just a copy/paste from ARM
code so (fingers crossed) there won't be much objection to changing
it.

Oddly, I can't even get gas to accept the @ so I don't know what's
going on there with GCC.

Cheers.