[llvmlinux] cross-compiling llvm/clang for android

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Sep 26 08:45:05 UTC 2013

On 26 September 2013 07:46, Anton Smirnov <dev at antonsmirnov.name> wrote:

> I'm trying to cross-compile clang to run on Android devices (both arm and
> x86).
> I've read "getting started" <http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html> (including
> cross-compilation section) and all the websites about clang
> cross-compilation that i was able to find.

Hi Anton,

FYI, there are two new docs:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/CrossCompilation.html
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToCrossCompileLLVM.html

But they won't help you with your problem.

I'll link them from the Getting Started section on cross-compilation to
make it more accessible.

the problem is that macosx ld does not support "--version-script" parameter.
> this seems to relate to cross-compilation only as compilation for host
> system lasts much longer and i believe it's okay.

Either this is a bug in Apple's ld, or it's an unnecessary option of the
Android build system. Other folks in this list will be able to give you a
good answer on how to fix this.

cheers,
--renato