[llvmlinux] [i586] Boot issues

Ghitulete Razvan razvan.ghitulete at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:11:45 UTC 2013

Hi

In the meanwhile I started from scratch with a default ubuntu 12.04 config
for x86, and applied the automatic patches from the llvmlinux i586, but
although the resulting code base compiles and runs when compiled with gcc,
there seem to be some issues when compiling under llvm. From what I can
make out it is something along the lines of a segfault, but cannot really
pin it down, since I am not able to see any messages on the console before
the auto reboot.

Also I find it rather weird as there are different include paths when
compiling with llvm from when compiling with gcc. For example in the llvm
compilation x86/boot/string.c includes x86/include/asm/string.h while under
gcc the include is x86/boot/boot.h for strcmp, strncmp and strnlen.

Anybody any ideas on how to get this work...I actually need a kernel that I
can use on a normal machine (that's why I started from the ubuntu config)

--
Sincerely,
Razvan Ghitulete