[llvmlinux] [i586] Boot issues

Ghitulete Razvan razvan.ghitulete at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 12:01:12 UTC 2013

On 26 Sep 2013 14:13, "Tinti" <viniciustinti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you also try to boot the kernel built with GCC? For doing so please
run 'make kernel-gcc-build' it will generated a patched kernel built with
GCC.
> With this we can also check if it is a patch problem or compiler problem

I actually compiled with llvm, and then I manially compiled with gcc from
the root of the kernel tree(normal compile process), so basically the
sources were identical... sort of. Is make kernel-gcc-build different in
any way?

I am currently actually trying on fixed kernel and llvm repositories(kernel
3.11 and llvm 3.3) in order to avoid some bugs that might come up in the
main branches.

I will give it a try whem I get home to run the kernel under gdb and
hopefully this will give me some clues to what is going wrong.