[llvmlinux] cross-compiling llvm/clang for android

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Sep 26 18:54:34 UTC 2013

On 26 September 2013 19:04, Anton Smirnov <dev at antonsmirnov.name> wrote:

> i've started this email with error description which i received while
> following this manuals.

Excellent! This means there is the need for another document, on how to
cross-compile Android, which does not fit in either of those documents.

Since everyone else in this list already has some idea on how to do that,
they will be skipping steps, so the best person to do that is you. ;)

I'm not sure if it's best for this to be in the LLVM docs, or Android docs,
or even in the LLVMLinux website, but we do need something like this.

It should be possible to cross-compile Android with LLVM, or anything else
for that matter, and almost all problems you hit will be build problems,
not compiler problems. So, this is the best list to report any problems you
have first.

cheers,
--renato