[llvmlinux] ARM-specific build dependencies required for other architectures

Vinícius Tinti viniciustinti at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 10:24:41 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Toma Tabacu <Toma.Tabacu at imgtec.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have noticed that a recent commit (9db3725) has made some ARM-specific
> build dependencies mandatory for other architectures as well.
>
> This commit changed ARMCLANGDEBDEP to DEBDEP in
> toolchain/clang/clang-arm-from-source.mk, which causes the bleed-over of ARM
> build dependencies into other architectures.
>

> I fixed this by making toolchain/clang/clang.mk only include
> clang-arm-from-source.mk if the target architecture is ARM.
>
> I have attached a patch with my fix.
>

> Having to install an ARM cross-compiler if you’re only building for an x86
> or MIPS target seems unnecessary to me, so I hope this fix will get picked
> up.
>

> Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks for reporting. As far as I remember it will only be trigger if
you run a 'make build-dep' in a target which uses
'clang-arm-from-source.mk'. Hence if you are on MIPS or x86 it should
not be included in DEBDEP.

Anyway we will double check it.

Regards,
Vinícius

> Regards,
>
> Toma Tabacu

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication