[llvmlinux] Removal of the Malta target

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Mon Dec 8 14:41:45 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm somewhat surprised by the removal of the Malta target since I haven't seen any hint on this list that this was being considered. Do those meetings get summarized anywhere? I'm already spread a bit thin so I'm unlikely to be able to attend them but I'd probably find it useful to know roughly what was discussed.

Just to clarify our aims with LLVMLinux. We'd like to be able to build linux with clang for Mips and being able to do so would be a major milestone for the Mips backend, but we also see it as a good test of whether our integrated assembler is up to a reasonable standard. Quite a lot of the work that's been going on so far has been to fix issues with the integrated assembler. I understand that our clang+binutils build hasn't been working for a while though and we definitely need to fix that ASAP.

Daniel Sanders
Leading Software Design Engineer, MIPS Processor IP
Imagination Technologies Limited
www.imgtec.com