[llvmlinux] Removal of the Malta target

Charlebois, Mark mcharleb at quicinc.com
Mon Dec 8 17:07:32 UTC 2014

Hi Daniel,

We decided to prune unmaintained targets and I had been waiting to receive the patches for malta for 4 months, so I assumed no one was working on the target. I should have reached out to you before removing the target. Its no problem to put it back if you have someone who plans to maintain it.

There is a doodle poll sent out to the llvmlinux mailing list about the meetings.

Most targets still need the gas assembler vs the integrated assembler so that shouldn't be a showstopper for building within llvmlinux.

I'll restore the malta target and add the patches provided by Toma.

-Mark