[llvmlinux] Removal of the Malta target

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Mon Dec 8 18:54:36 UTC 2014

I can certainly understand the decision and given the same visibility you had, I'd be wanting to do the same thing.

>From the LLVM side, we discovered a few major problems with LLVM for Mips. The biggest of which is probably the calling convention bugs I've been working on for the last couple months. The 64-bit big-endian ABI's were _very_ broken and the other ABI's had a few miscellaneous bugs. These are almost* all fixed in LLVM 3.5.1. Unfortunately, Toma tells me that the boot is still broken with trunk.

* Two things aren't fixed. Vector types on the O32 ABI (which requires dynamic stack realignment), and small structures in varargs (which is broken on GCC too).

> There is a doodle poll sent out to the llvmlinux mailing list about the
> meetings.

>From what I've seen that's only to arrange a mutual time. I don't think the outcomes of the meeting get posted anywhere afterwards.

> Most targets still need the gas assembler vs the integrated assembler so that
> shouldn't be a showstopper for building within llvmlinux.
>
> I'll restore the malta target and add the patches provided by Toma.

Thanks. By the way, one of the projects on my todo list is to upgrade our buildbot facilities. I'm hoping to make a llvmlinux builder available but I haven't earmarked a machine for it yet.