[llvmlinux] Let's start 2014 with a LLVMLinux sprint

Behan Webster behanw at converseincode.com
Tue Jan 14 21:36:55 UTC 2014

Now that clang v3.4 is now available, and clang v3.3 isn't yet being
used much by the kernel community, we decided in the meeting today to
drop kernel patch support for use with clang v3.3 (after checkpointing
what we have). The idea is to move forward with clang v3.4 and remove
workarounds for v3.3 from our patches.

To that end, I propose a sprint tomorrow (Wed, Jan 15) from UTC 16:00 to
UTC 21:00 to work on updating and testing all our stable patches from
v3.3 to v3.4 for as many targets as possible. (Thanks to Jan-Simon for
the idea of having a Sprint to do this!)

For various timezones (Wed, Jan 15 2014):

    Germany: 17:00-22:00
    UK/UTC: 16:00-21:00
    EST: 11:00-16:00
    CST/Brazil: 10:00-15:00
    PST: 8:00-13:00

No need to be there for the whole time. Drop in or out as you need to.
The more the merrier, and the more work we can get done and tested.

I'll start a Google Hangout Video Party at UTC 16:00 for those who want
to video conference. Otherwise we'll also be hanging out on #llvmlinux
(OFTC) during that time for those who prefer IRC.

Many distros now have vlang v3.4 available, and Mark has already added
clang v3.4 prebuilt support to our build system.

http://llvm.org/releases/3.4/tools/clang/docs/ReleaseNotes.html

If this works well, it has been suggested (by Vinicius) that we could do
sprints on a regular basis like this. I love this idea. :)

See you tomorrow.

Behan

--
Behan Webster