[llvmlinux] Proposal for new naming convention to targets

Jan-Simon Möller jsmoeller at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Jan 15 15:21:25 UTC 2014

The naming is kind of similar to how toolchains are named e.g. in ct-ng .
Well we're not far off-topic anyway regarding toolchaing.

> arm-linux-beaglebone
> arm-linux-vexpress
> arm64-linux-vexpress
> x86-linux-pc
> x86_64-linux-pc

is fine with me.

> arm-linux-beaglebone
> armhf-linux-beaglebone
> arm-linux-rpi
> armhf-linux-rpi

is a lot more variants - do we want to maintain all ? or just pick a default
(armhf) and allow a switch for softfp "at own risk".

The year suffix is something I don't like atm. We should convert the snapshots
to the new paths .

Best,
JS

--